Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Ornaments

Family traditions are one of my favorite things about the holidays. It’s so special to have meaningful things that we do as a family year after year. When I was younger, my mom would give me and my siblings an ornament each year and she would get them with our name on it. I remember the first year we got them. I was looking on the tree to find it. I saw one for Brandon, and Brittney, and Blake, and when I finally got to mine it was written in permanent marker. I was heartbroken. I felt so left out that their names were printed on theirs and mine was handwritten. My mom just told me that I was too special to have one that looked like everyone else's. Yeah I fell for that. We started making our own the older we got, which was one of my favorite things to do.  I would get so excited  to put the tree up, to dig thru our ornament box and reminisce about each one. When my sister got married and moved to her own place, she took all of “her” ornaments with her, so it made her new tree feel a little like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment